Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Phoenix believes in safeguarding personal information and ensuring that donor privacy is protected. We will use your personal information to keep you informed of our activities including our programs, special events and funding needs. We respect all donor requests to remain anonymous. We will always provide an “opt-out” procedure, for donors and others who receive such materials to request that their names be deleted from similar mailings, faxes or electronic communications in the future. You may also contact BGCMP at any time and we will gladly remove your name from our mailing list.
Sharing of Donor’s Information
- BGCMP will not sell, trade, rent or exchange its donor list and donor’s personal information with any other organization.
- BGCMP will not sell, trade, or exchange any donor lists from any Boys & Girls Clubs.
Collection of Data
We collect personal data through event registration, email subscription, online donation services, postal mail, phone and prospecting research. We only collect this information when users submit it voluntarily. If a user prefers not to submit such information online, they may contact BGCMP to determine an appropriate channel to transmit this information.
- From these services, we may collect your first name, last name, email address, company, position, secondary email address, address, city, state, zip code, and phone numbers (home, work, or mobile). We may collect event-specific information pertaining to your attendance, meal preferences and guests. We may collect the name and email of a spouse, contributor or foundation that you provide to receive recognition for a gift. This confidential information is kept on file for IRS purposes.
- At any time donors may “opt- out” or be removed from our mailing lists. BGCMP will discontinue contact with any person upon oral or written request. Write: Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Phoenix, Attn: Dale Wanek, 4309 E. Belleview St., Bldg. 14, Phoenix, AZ or email us at email@example.com.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Phoenix • 4309 E. Belleview St., Bldg. 14 • Phoenix, AZ 85008
Ph: (602) 954-8182 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- BGCMP will maintain an electronic record in our database of all requests for discontinuance of contacts. Oral requests will be recorded in writing by BGCMP staff and will then be permanently recorded in the electronic donor database.
Storage of Data
- Donor information is maintained in a password protected, secured database. Only authorized personnel have access to this information and only for appropriate business purposes. This information is shared with board members and authorized staff, only on a confidential and need-to-know basis.
Online Security and Enforcement
BGCMP utilizes the following online security measures:.
- We operate secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary. Only authorized individuals have access to the information provided by our donors.
- IP addresses- BGCMP may also collect IP addresses, domain names, and similar items regarding users of this site to measure the number of visits, pages visited, average time spent on this site, and similar items. BGCMP may also use IP addresses to diagnose problems with our server, to administer our website and for statistical metrics used to track website visitor traffic.
- Credit Cards– BGCMP is compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), a set of requirements designed to ensure that companies that process, store or transmit credit card information maintain a secure environment. The PCI DSS is administered and managed by the PCI SSC (www.pcisecuritystandards.org), an independent body that was created by the major payment card brands (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and JCB.).
It is important to note, the payment brands and acquirers are responsible for enforcing compliance, not the PCI council.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Phoenix (BGCMP) is committed to complying fully with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998. BGCMP does not intend to collect personal information from children under the age of 13. While we encourage children to visit our site and learn more about our programs, we recommend, however, that parents approve and closely supervise the activity of their children at this and all other online sites. We urge children to check with their parents before entering information on any website and we urge parents to discuss with their children restrictions regarding the online release of personal information to anyone they don’t know.
BGCMP publishes a list of the names of donors in an annual report. Options for anonymous giving and “op-out” selections are available. Please contact BGCMP for these requests.
Privacy Enforcement with Vendors
- The sharing of data is prevented by contract stipulations that are present in contacts between BGCMP and our vendors. We do not authorize these service providers to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
- BGCMP may also occasionally ask users to complete surveys for research purposes. There also may be services on our website that require you to fill out an online form or send BGCMP an e-mail message in order to utilize these services. BGCMP collects any information that you provide in such circumstances, including any personal information.
This policy was last updated in October, 2014.